Severe body pain after childbirth, reduced menstruation. Thyroid levels normal. Reasons?

Hi , I am 28 years and a mother of 1 kid...My baby is now 1year10 month....My problem is that i have a severe bodyache since his birth..My delivery was normal.i took homopathy treatment for 6 months with which i got a reilef in pain in my fingures..but the pain is severe and remains all time in my back , legs, and stomach..please tell me what should i do..i have undergone through thyroid test also recently but is is cycle is also reduced to 2 days...
Posted Mon, 28 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 4 hours later

Normally after delivery up to 6 months iron and calcium supplements are required.At times when not taken properly such kind of problems can occur.

It is good that thyroid is normal.

Please visit your physician for routing health check up. Please discuss the option of getting tested for Vit D,Hemoglobin and B12.

Deficiency of any of them can lead to this kind of problem.

In mean time please do following which should help.
1. Take good diet XXXXXXX in calcium and iron. Take more of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, milk and milk products.
2. Do some regular light exercise like walking
3. Take proper sleep.
4. Watch your weight. Take at least 3-4 small meals in a day.

I hope this helps

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.