Severe back pain below shoulder bone. What is causing this and required treatment?

i have a back pain on my left side right below my shoulder bone more in the corner of it it been hurting for a long while now and sometimes its unbearable and when i turn left it hurts
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Pain on turning movements points to the muscle or bone.
It is least likely to be from the heart or lung.
Since it is there for long, it should be investigated.
Physical examination, followed by X-rays of the chest and thoracic spine will clarify. You are young; possible birth defects in the spine, pressing on the nerves, need to be excluded.

NSAID) and/or muscle relaxants - available over the counter - will give symptomatic relief.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck