Severe abdominal pain leading to difficulty in walking. Wee sample, blood test done. Reason and treatment?

Hi there, My 10 year old daughter has had a lot of abdo pain in the last 4 days, she has had sharpe pain where she has had trouble walking. We took her to hospital where they tested her blood and wee sample and x XXXXXXX to see if she had an appendex problems, all tests came back normal. she has been using her bowls, but after she eats any food she s in alot of pain in her abdo. were not sure what to do next. Regards XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 hours later
Thanks for the question.
Since there can be several causes for your daughter's symptoms, I need some information to guide you further
Are there any symptoms like fever, diarrhea, abdominal distension and difficulty in urination etc?
Was sonography/ultrasound done? What all tests were done?
Awaiting your reply
Follow-up: Severe abdominal pain leading to difficulty in walking. Wee sample, blood test done. Reason and treatment? 20 hours later
The only tests done were blood, urine, and x XXXXXXX for appendicitis and for urine infection, and they came back normal. The x XXXXXXX did show a little build up but not enough to cause her harm, so we also have tried suppositories witch has given her some relief, she has not run any high temps, vomitting or dirrhea, she still conplains that her belly hurts with sharp pain after she has eaten and that last for over half an hour and then it slowly goes away.,
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Thanks for writing back.
Actually, a Xray is not ideal to rule out appendicitis. Her current symptoms need evaluation by sonography.
Apart from appendicitis, intestinal obstruction and volvulus are other causes which can present with such symptoms and intermittent abdominal pain on eating.
Intermittent pain is caused by an increased peristalsis ( an increase in the movement of the intestine). I think a sonography evaluation would be ideal in her case. Few cases which have persistent symptoms might need CT scan. Till she has a repeat evaluation, I would suggest you give her a liquid based diet so that an emergency can be dealt with in time.
I would recommend a repeat evaluation by her doctor.
I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can address any more concerns.