Severe abdominal pain after bowel movement. Advice?

Question
I M FEELING SEVERE PAIN AFTER BOWL MOVEMENTS THAT I M NOT ABLE TO BEAR IT.
KINDLY ADVICE.
ALSO GIVE SOME ADVICE ON PILS AS I M SUFFERING SINCE LAST TWO YEARS.

REGARDS
AND THANKING YOU I ANTICIPATION..
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 17 minutes later

Abdominal pain after bowel movement needs an extensive work up. There can be several reasons from piles to fissure to colitis. After ruling out all other potential reasons by a Gastroenterologist a diagnosis of Hence I insist only a Gastroenterologist who is expert in such cases deal with it than a normal physician.

Isapgol that you use is good if still the pain persists better pain medicines can be tried only under Gastroenterologist. You can ask about anticholinergics and Rifaximin for pain relief when you XXXXXXX him in person.

Your description may be suggestive of irritable bowel syndrome. It can cause bloating, constipation, abdominal cramp or pain after bowel movement, or feeling like a movement is required even after one has been completed.

Till that time, make some important and general lifestyle changes for a better gut health. These include:
1)     Alterations in diet, like gradual addition of more fiber in your diet like whole grain breads, XXXXXXX leafy vegetables & fruits can ease your symptoms.
2)     Avoid taking cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, beans and lentils, caffeinated drinks (tea, coffee) aerated drinks, fried and spicy foods.
3)     Also drink plenty of fluids and water and try to stop smoking or alcohol if there is history of intake of any such substance.
4)     Also start doing daily exercises, brisk walks, XXXXXXX breathing exercises which help in preventing constipation.
5)     Specific treatment includes antispasmodic medicines, antidiarrheal medicines, antidepressants and new medicines like Alosetron and Tegaserod. Please note that these drugs are available only after prescription of a Gastroenterologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.