Severe abdominal pain. Scan showed cyst and scar tissue. Reason of infertility?

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
In 2009 i has severe pain in my abdomen, went to my ob-gyn which sch. a laposcopy said he found and took out a couple cyst and little scar tissue. 2010 I was admitted to the hospital again for abdomen pain my new doctor said my left fallopian tube needed to come out due to swelling of the tube on the end that connects to the ovary. A couple of months after the surgery the same doctor requested a HSG test which showed flow throw the right tube. Today I went for a pap smear the doctor said I have the cervix of a 13yr old girl. Could this be the reason I cant get pregnant? If so how would I go about enlarging my cervix opening?
Posted Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nirja Chawla 55 minutes later
A 'tight' cervix, known as cervical stenosis, may be the cause of your inability to conceive. It is very easy to open or enlarge this opening but it is preferable to do this under local or general anaesthesia since it can be painful.

On the other hand a 'small' cervix may be associated with a small uterus, what we generally call a hypoplastic uterus. Even this small uterus can be opened up and broadened by a procedure known as Hysteroplasty which involves gives longitudinal cuts on either side of the uterus from the inside using a telescope system called hysteroscopy. This is a simple surgery and is also done under anaesthesia.

Having clarified your main issue, let me go on to say that whether a small cervical opening is the cause of your infertility cannot be said with certainty at this moment.

There could be many factors involved in fertility: egg formation and release, normalcy of tubes structure and function, normal uterus in the female partner and normal male partner. All these will be investigated by your doctor once you express your concern about infertility. Age, duration of the period 'trying to conceive' are also important factors.

In your case, checklist all the factors. From the information provided you have only one tube. If the possible reason for your pain/cyst/scarring is Endometriosis, there may be problems in fertility more than the actual, physical damage caused to your insides by Endometriosis.

Depending upon your age and how long you have been trying to conceive, it may be better to take a referral to an Infertility/IVF Centre close to you as soon as possible. In my opinion, such a specialist/Centre will be best to look into all the factors of small cervix, absent one tube, possible endometriosis. It will save precious time rather than moving around non - Infertility specialists.
Take care,
Dr Nirja Chawla