Severe Rheumatoid arthritis with Lupus symptoms. Suffering from muscular pain

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Bp of 86/43 p 108, I suffer from Severe RA with Lupus symptoms, my muscles ache is also hard to deal with, the pain is extreme and I feel like am slipping away
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

A blood pressure of 86/40 with a pulse of 108 is concerning. You have a low blood pressure with tachycardia.

Such blood pressure readings need to be checked and rechecked after adequate fluid intake to know their authenticity. If the low blood pressure is persistent then you need to consult your physician for restoring the adequate fluid and electrolyte balance in your body.

The pain is often severe in acute exacerbation of rheumatoid arthritis. A step wise approach of treatment is advised after proper examination according to the severity of disease.

Disease modifying drugs, adequate rest, analgesics and anti inflammatory medicines will be helpful. Since all these are prescription medicines, you need to consult your rheumatologist for proper management.

I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Dr. Praveen Tayal