Sever stomach pain and vomiting. Ultrasound showing a burst cyst in the ovary. Any suggestions?

Im having very bad stomach pain. i went to the doctors did alot of test (ultrasounds etc) and my doctors found nothing a month later i was hospitalized becasue of the pain and they found a burst cyst on my left side (the doctor thought it was a cyst) now it has been worse i could barely put pressure on my stomach, also now i could eat anythin at all no matter the size and i will throw it up.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 12 minutes later

You say you have very bad stomach pain and had a work-up including ultrasound which came out normal. You say you are not able to put pressure on stomach, are throwing up and can barely eat.

You say there was a burst cyst on 'left side'.

Can you be more precise as to exactly where on the left side the cyst was present and it burst?

Can you get back with an answer to my query, so that I can advise you better?

Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: Sever stomach pain and vomiting. Ultrasound showing a burst cyst in the ovary. Any suggestions? 34 minutes later
my cyst was bursted inside my left ovary. The emergency doctor told me he saw alot of fluids inside my left ovary so he believed it was a cyst to check up with my ob/gyn, or my primary doctor to see if anything wrong.
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 19 minutes later

So it was probably a burst cyst inside your left ovary and it showed fluid there on sonography.

I think what could have happened is that, the fluid accumulation may have led to acute inflammation in the surrounding areas causing acute Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), and this is leading to pain, loss of appetite and vomiting.

I suggest you to immediately see your Gynecologist or visit the Emergency room again to confirm the diagnosis of acute PID and ensure its proper management. This cannot be neglected as you are very young, in your reproductive age. It would be ideal to be hospitalized for a couple of days.

Here's wishing you a quick recovery and regards. If you are satisfied with my answer please accept my answer.

Follow-up: Sever stomach pain and vomiting. Ultrasound showing a burst cyst in the ovary. Any suggestions? 10 hours later
I googled what a pid means i have been test for gonorrhea and chlamydia hiv everything in my last doctor appointment, do you only get pid when you have those bacteria or is it other bacteria
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 12 hours later

PID is inflammation in the pelvis. Because of the inflammation, infection can get super added. In your case it is probably still inflammation since you do not seem to have fever now. But since you are having systemic effects (affecting other functions) -- like loss of appetite and vomiting you do need to see your gynecologist, to rule out infection and to treat the problem.

Hope this answers your query satisfactorily and if so do indicate so.

Wishing you speedy recovery.