Sever chest pain, numbness, pain in arm and fingers, rapid heart beat. Cause?

I have had sever chest pain and numbness and a dull pain in my left arm and fingers for the past days. 2 days ago I was admitted due to severe pain and rapid heart beat over 170 per m. We did blood tests and an ECG which showed me clear, I continue to have this funny pain in the arm and my heart has palpitations? Please advise. I am 27 years of age and Male.

Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 26 hours later

Your query has been sent to one of the best Cardiologist In our specialist panel.

The specialist is asking for some more time to answer your query.Kindly do bear with us and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and the delay.

Thanks .
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 18 hours later
Hi again,

Please find the answer from Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Consultant Cardiologist.

You may view Dr. Gopi's profile here:

Considering the age and normal ECG findings, the symptoms that you describe is unlikely to be cardiac problem.

One possibility since your heart rate was 170 you might be having an arrhythmia. But sometimes the high heart rate can occur secondary to pain.

I suggest you get a TMT and a 24hr holter monitoring done to find a possible cause for the fast heart rate.

Hope this answer is adequate and informative. Should you have any more concerns, I will be available for follow ups.

Follow-up: Sever chest pain, numbness, pain in arm and fingers, rapid heart beat. Cause? 0 minute later