Seven weeks pregnant. Had pap smear which hurt with red spotting. Is the baby okk?

Im 7 weeks pregnant, i had a pap(his light was going out) and needless to say it hurt, the next day i had red spotting and today brown spotting. Is my baby ok?
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
The mild spotting that you had after a PAP smear is likely to be due to mild injury in the area due to a soft cervix during the pregnancy.
This spotting is not worrisome. Just watch for next few for the spotting to stop spontaneously. In case it is persistent then you need to consult your gynecologist for further investigations and ultrasound scan.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Seven weeks pregnant. Had pap smear which hurt with red spotting. Is the baby okk? 13 minutes later
Thank you for getting back to me so fast:) this is my first so i was very worried. still have pregnancy symptoms, nauses, dizzy, breasts are very swollen and sore , cramps and food cravings. its not really spotting now, just brown blood when i wipe. still very scary
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Since all your pregnancy symptoms are intact, there is no need to worry. This spotting will subside on its own without any treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.