Ask a Dentist   »  

Set of three ceramic dentrures fixed. Canine has become loose. Area also exposed and painful. Suggestions?

a set of three ceramic dentrures fixed around 7 years back on and around my left upper jaw canine has come loose. This has left a gap in the front of my mouth and the area is also exposed but not painful. I have a larger problem of deep bite that may be relevant.
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi, A thorough checkup is required.

Detailed Answer:

According to your clinical symptoms I suppose that a fixed ceramic prosthesis was fabricated 7 years back taking support from the adjacent teeth from which upper jaw canine became loose.
I would suggest you to get a thorough checkup done by an Prosthodontist, check for the fixed prosthesis, look for the mobility of the tooth, it can be removed easily and can be replaced by a removable or fixed prosthesis.

As you have mentioned you are having a deep bite it can cause several problems like trauma to the palatal mucosa & labial mucosa, painful soft tissue and periodontal defects.
A elaborate checkup by an Orthodontist is required, based upon the clinical analysis, certain radiographs, impression models, considering skeletal and soft tissue analysis, cephalometric analysis various treatment modalities can be considered like use of mechanotherpy followed by proper retention protocol.
Also get a complete mouth scaling and polishing done.
Maintain a good oral hygiene.

Hope you find this as helpful,

If you have any further queries feel free to ask,
Take care!