Serious infection due to cat bite. On antibiotics. Remain on medications. Next course of action?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
I am going to try you once more. The only information I want is what I ask for. Please use someone with the ability to follow that instruction. The following is the information I require:
If a serious infection from a cat scratch does not get better or worse in 10 days, in your opinion should the patient remain on antibiotics? Also. what and when should be the next course of action if the infection persists?
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 18 days later
Hi XXXXXXX
Would you tell me what kind of infection is it.
Could you elaborate on " serious infection "?
Do you mean worsening of the local wound, or any of the following - tender regional lymph nodes, papules at the site of the scratch, slight fever, headache, chills, backache, abdominal pain, malaise and sometimes more severe symptoms ??
Knowing these details will help me guide you better.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.