Septo rhinoplasty scheduled. Pet scratched on the nose. Applied hydrogen peroxide and neosporin. Need to postpone the surgery?

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
I have a septo rhinoplasty scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. My small dog scratched me on the nose earlier today. It's just a scratch, not XXXXXXX but it's red and a thin layer of skin was scratched off I cleaned it 2x's with hydrogen peroxide and have put neosporin on 3x's today/tonight. Will plastic surgeon still perform the surgery tomorrow?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Surindher 9 hours later

Sorry for the delay in responding to your query. Of course the plastic surgeon will have to take a call on it after examining the wound before the surgery.

But, from what I hear from your query, if it is only a small scratch and it is clean then a septorhinoplasty should not be a problem and the surgery can go ahead as planned.

But I would like to re iterate that this response is only according to the details provided and the final call would be the surgeons, once he has examined your wound and he feels it is not major enough to cause problems with the proposed procedure.

Even if he does postpone the surgery till the wound heals, please remember that he is doing it because he has your interests at heart and doesn't want any complications post surgery.

All the best for your upcoming surgery, I’m sure you will do very well.

Thank you for using XXXXXXX and once again we are sorry for the delay in replying to your query.

Dr. Surindher