Ask a Urologist   »  

Sensitive, small and dark penis skin. Is it due to excess masturbation?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I have a sensitive area, very small and slightly darkened on my penis. It is a bit sensitive....and believe it has resulted from year's of masturbation without enough lubrication.
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
I would need a few answers from you to hp you better.
a. Did you have any unprotected sexual intercourse before this reddish patch developed on shaft of the penis?
b. Are you diabetic ?
Although, there is possibility that this sensitive spot developed after vigorous masturbation with tight grip. The other cause could be an acquired fungal infection. You could apply a topical anti-fungal gel like Miconazole . You should also be seeing a physician for a prescription of an anti-fungal medicine like Fluconazole.
Let me know if you have any more questions
I shall be happy to answer them.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Sensitive, small and dark penis skin. Is it due to excess masturbation? 23 minutes later
Thank you. I have maintained protected sex my entire life. The dark spots seem to be gradually developed and not resulting from a sexual action with a partner.

They probably have been there for few years now.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 37 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for the feedback.
From the photograph, it looks that it is not related to sexual activity Please consult some dermatologist for examination as it is there since years.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil