Sensitive and sore clitoris after oral sex. Is this a sign of STD?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2012
Sep 2012

Question
urgentAfter oral sex my clitoris becomes extremely sensitive and sore. This has never happened in past relationships during penetration, but me and my current partner have frequent oral sex. Is this normal? An std? Or any other problem?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 30 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Look, the condition does not sounds like any sexually transmitted disease. But, it has to be confirmed by clinical examination.

Your description indicates more towards any injury that has occurred during oral sex. It is the most common possibility. So, this is not normal. The soreness indicates towards acute inflammation.

You need a clinical examination to find out the exact situation. Depending upon the clinical findings, you should take antibiotics. For the soreness and extreme sensitivity, you can take any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent like diclofenac group of drug. You should take a pantoprazole group of drug before taking the antiinflammatory agent.

So, consult with a general physician or a gynecologist for clinical examination and for further management accordingly..

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.

Follow-up: Sensitive and sore clitoris after oral sex. Is this a sign of STD? 6 minutes later
So frequent oral sex can cause this after climax?

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 24 minutes later
Thank you for writing back.

Look, this condition has no relation with climax.

But frequent oral sex can lead to this condition.

Regards.

Follow-up: Sensitive and sore clitoris after oral sex. Is this a sign of STD? 3 minutes later
And can that cause a change in how wet i become when aroused?

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 7 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, as such oral sex cannot cause a change in how you become wet during arousal. But, it definitely increases the secretion and wetness by increasing the level of arousal. Sometimes the saliva of your partner get mixed with your secretion and may lead to increased wetness.

Hope you have your answers.

Regards.