Sensation of cold, mild shivering. Why is it hard to swallow? Why do I have fever?

Infertility Specialist
Sir, last night when i was about to sleep i had a little feeling that i was about to catch cold as their was mild shivering but then when i woke up this morning my throat had some kind problem, it was hard for me to swollow food or even water. then gradually my body started ti shiver and i caught fever. what should i do?

also i have been taking amoxicilin and paracitamol three times a day with becasules.. is it right to go for this medicine??please reply soon. as i m in lot of suffering....
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

I read your history. I am sorry to hear that you are in severe pain. I will help you as much as i can. Following are my comments & advice: 1) Please contnue antibiotic,paracetamol and vitamins that you are currently taking. 2) Please do salt water gargling 3times a day. Mix 4 tea spoons of salt with one glass of warm water and gargle till XXXXXXX throat. This relieves congestion and removes dead cells. 3) Have warm milk or tea with ginger 3times a day. With all these you will be better in 2 days.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup query you have. Regards,
Follow-up: Sensation of cold, mild shivering. Why is it hard to swallow? Why do I have fever? 12 hours later
Thank you soo much for the reply doctor. i will be in touch.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

I am happy that you are satisfied with my answer. I will be available in future to address any of your concerns. Please mention in your query: "For Kind Attention of Dr.Mahesh Koregol".

Please accept my answer and close this discussion.

Wish you speedy recovery.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol