Semen with blood after masturbation. What?

Urologist
Question
blood Yeah I was masturbateing and seman came out with blood and I was really scared what can be wrong
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 4 hours later

The condition you are suffering from is known as hematospermia and usually no cause can be elicited. It is self limiting and nothing needs to be done.

However, it can sometimes occur due to hypertension or seminal vesiculitis. You should get your blood pressure checked to rule out hypertension. In addition, you should get transrectal ultrasound.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Semen with blood after masturbation. What? 10 hours later
Well it's only when I ejackulate and seman comes out with blood?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 9 hours later
Thanks for reverting.

As already mentioned the condition is known as hematospermia and the blood shall come out only with semen. Also as previously mentioned, it is usually self limiting and nothing needs to be done.

Follow-up: Semen with blood after masturbation. What? 2 hours later
Do I need medication or anything

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

Usually no medication is needed and it shall clear by itself over a period of 3-4 weeks. It needs sometime for the small capillaries to seal off and stop bleeding.

For now just clear off the anxiety and this does not help.

Thanks.

Ok cuz I went to the er and the doc said something competly differnt

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 8 hours later
Dear,

Two clinicans can have different opinion and I am not aware of what he said but as i have already stated that hematospermia usually has self limiting course. However, you have to rule out hypertension and also get transrectal ultrasound.

Wish you good health.