Ask a Urologist   »  

Semen test showed 10% pus cells and 68 Million per ml of semen. Is norflaxacin. safe to take?

Hi I have 70% motile , 20% non-motile , 10% pus cells and 68 Million per ml of semen . Doctor advised me to take norflaxacin 400mg for pus cells infection. is it ok to take this medicine since we are planning for the little one. So please let me know will it cause an side effects during this time period. Thanks XXXXX
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that there is not much data and recommendation regarding the side effects on baby if father is taking norfloxacin but it is contraindicated in females who are trying to concieveor are pregnant . I will advise you to complete the course of this antibiotic and then try planning for your child as precautions are always better . Take care. Dr. Shruti