Semen test results, shows sperm motility, sperm count, pus cells. Normal report?

Hi doctor,
i am XXXXXXX from delhi and my age is 32.....
i have semen test today and getting the following result.........

Physical Examination
Quantity :- 2 ML
Color :- grey white
Viscosity :- Viscous
Odour :- Normal
Reaction :- alkaline
Liquification time :- 30 minutes

Total sperm count :- 90 Millinons/ML ( 60-120) million /ML

Sperm Motility
Actively Motile :- 60%
Sluggisty Motile :- 20%
Non motile :- 20%
Abnormal :- 10%

Pus Cells :- 6-8 /HPF
Epithelial Cells :- 6-8/HPF
RBCs :- Nil

kindly suggest whether my report is normal or not

Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 25 minutes later

Thank you for posting in the query

Let us go one by one on the Semen analysis report that you have given here:

1. Semen volume: Normal is usually between 2-6 ml per ejaculate. Your result seems to be within normal limits

2. pH: Reaction alkaline : Your result seems to be within normal limits

3. Liquefaction time: Normally it is between 20-30 minutes. Your result seems to be within normal limits

4. Total sperm count: 90 Millions/ML (60-120) million /ml. Your result seems to be within normal limits

5. Sperm Motility: Actively Motile is 60%. Your result seems to be in the low normal limits

6. Pus Cells: 6-8 /HPF: This shows that you may be carrying an infection that needs to be evaluated and treated

You need to get your infection treated and get a repeat semen analysis done. A course of antibiotic may be needed. Your primary physician / urologist would prescribe you the antibiotics. I suggest you to consult them at the earliest.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr Gowri