Semen test done. What does the value signify? What are the chances of having child?

Infertility Specialist
hi ... ive just recieved the results of my semen test... my count is 3 million 40% motolity and 30% with abnormal tails ... what are my chances of reversing this or being able to father a child naturally??
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 31 minutes later

I am sorry to hear that you had surgery for undescended testis and smaller size of testis.

That may be the reason your sperm count is very less at 3 million/ml.

Your report is still incomplete as you have not commented about liquefaction time of semen, normal morphology and rapid motility of sperms. These parameters are also of significance.

Since your total sperm count is 3 million / ml I am afraid it is difficult to become a father by naturally. Chances are remote. It is not possible to reverse this process also. You may have to go for ICSI modality of assisted conception to have a child.

ICSI (Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection) is a method where your sperms are injected in to your wife's eggs to get an embryo which is transferred into your wife.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any follow up query you have.

Dr.Mahesh koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.