Semen examination showed total count 62 million/ml and pus cells 2-3/hpf. What does this indicate?

Question
hi i have done my semen examination test
my physical characteristics
quantity 2.5 ml
color milky white
viscosity wnl
reaction alkaline
liquefaction 30 mins

microscopic examination

total count 62 million/ml
sperm motility is 70%
sluggish 20%
non motile 10%
epithelial cells nil/hpf
pus cells 2-3 /hpf
erythrocytes nil
others nil
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I will each parameter if it is normal or not:
quantity 2.5 ml---------------NORMAL
color milky white----------NORMAL
viscosity wnl
reaction alkaline --------NORMAL
liquefaction 30 mins-------NORMAL
total count 62 million/ml--------NORMAL COUNT
sperm motility is 70%---------GOOD MOTILITY
sluggish 20%-----NORMAL, BECAUSE MOTILITY IS 70%
non motile 10%---NORMAL
epithelial cells nil/hpf
pus cells 2-3 /hpf--------LESS THAN 5/HPF IS NORMAL, HENCE IT IS NORMAL
erythrocytes nil
After analyzing your report, I can say it is NORMAL. Kindly get your wife evaluated. There should be few things which should be normal for getting pregnant:
1)Normal semen analysis--Which is absolutely normal in your case
2)Normal ovulation of your wife
3)Patent fallopian tubes.
After complete evaluation of your wife, if everything is normal, then it fits into IDIOPATHIC CAUSE, where the cause is not seen/ unknown cause. Then the treatment will be OVULATION INDUCTION with tablets and Intruterine Insemination.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Semen examination showed total count 62 million/ml and pus cells 2-3/hpf. What does this indicate? 43 minutes later
hi,

the questions which you answered is about the physical characteristics and microscopic examination but
my culture result of semen says no growth of any organism after 48 hrs of incubation at 37 c what does it mean i am infertile i cannot make my wife pregnant
in remarks reports mentioning:
conditions which can cause a false negative culture:-
1. patient is on antibiotics,please repeat culture post therapy.
2. anaerobic bacterial infection.
3.fastidious aerobic which are not able to grow on routine culture media.
4. besides all these factors ,at least 25-40% of cases there is no direct correlation between in vivo clinical picture and in vitro culture results.
5. renal tuberculosis to be confirmed by AFB studies.

what doses analysis means can you please tell me

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 22 minutes later

Your culture report is normal. There is no need to do any further tests, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY FERTILE. ALL YOUR SEMEN PARAMETERS ARE NORMAL. Hence I advised you to get your wife evaluated. 2-3 pus cells are normally seen in semen, hence it is not considered abnormal. I usually do not perform semen culture for my patients with <5 pus cells/hpf. Do not think your culture report is false negative. Culture is done to see if any micro-organisms are there like bacteria. Analysis means test. Hope I have answered the question.

If you do not have any clarification you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.

Dr Arif
WWW.WWWW.WW