Semen discharge before penetration. What am I suffering from?

Dec 2014

When I am trying for sex it get discharged before putting inside
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 2 hours later
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Emission of semen before penetration is called as premature ejeculation. It is a problem in a lot of people. It causes huge anxiety and stress to both partner. It increases risk of performance anxiety. In most of cases the cause in psychological. Following can be done in such situation-

- I will advise you to keep shifting your attention away from sex during intercourse. This will delay ejeculation
- Talk to your partner and get reassured that nothing is wrong in you. It can occur in any person

- In some cases if not controlled by these methods some medicines like Paroxetine, Escitalopram can be used. These are antidepressant drugs actually, but they cause delay in ejecualtion as side effect. This side effect is therapeutically used in cases of premature ejeculation.

-Recently a new SSRI drug Dapoxetine has been launched. It is specifically used in premature ejeculation. It is taken just 2 hour before sexual intercourse on need basis. It has very good results in delaying ejeculation. It has no side effects.

Try to relax yourself by light exercise and yoga. Try to reduce your anxiety and you will defnately improve. If needed visit a Psychiatrist for opinion on medicines.

Hope I cleared your doubt. If you have more queries you can ask again.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi MD
(Consultant Psychiatrist)