Semen analysis,no liquefaction,less motility,prolactin,estradiol

hi i am XXXXXXX i have two questions. first my hubby is 35 yrs old . we are ttc. did a semen analysis...results is as follows:- Volume = 1.9ml. pH= 7.6. Appearance = Thick opalescent fluid No liquefaction noted even after 3 hours. Microscopic examination = Leucocytes +; Few immature sperm cells. Count = 35.1 M/ml. Motility % progressive 40. morphorlogy % 76. and anti sperm antibodies on serum and semen is negative. please evaluate his case and tell me what he should take so that we become parents.
the second question is about me. i am 30 yrs old. did test on 3rd day of period. the result were as follow: Prolactin = 27.95 ng/ml. LH = 6.31 mIU/ml. FSH = 3.95 mIU/ml. and Estradiol E2 11 = 23.30 pg/ml. please evaluate my case and advise me what should i take to become parent.

thank you for the advice in advance.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 43 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

The normal Semen Analysis report findings are:

The volume of semen less than 1 ml is abnormal.
The liquefaction of the semen should occur in 10 to 30 minutes
Ph should be alkaline(between 7.2 and 7.8).

Sperm count is the total number of sperms in a sample and should not be less than 10 million.
In the above mentioned sample liquefaction time is not there and delayed or absent liquefaction is indicative of infection which may be in the prostate glands.

Along with that motility is slightly less but compared to the total sperm count that is acceptable.Rest other findings are normal.

An antisperm antibody test detects antibodies that fight against sperm in blood, vaginal fluids, or semen. The higher the level of antibody-affected sperm found in the semen, the lower the chance of the sperm fertilizing an egg so that is fine.

In your case the hormonal levels are within the normal range.

I will advise you to visit a Urologist for your partner's thorough evaluation of the Prostate gland for ruling out any infection,repeat semen analysis(sample of at least 3 days abstinence from intercourse/masturbation) and Blood Sugar profile.

Also consider getting a USG scan of your Pelvic area to rule out any other abnormalities as Cysts,PID,PCOD etc.

Do not be stressed these days many other options as IVF are available which can help you in becomin a parent.

Hope this answers your query.I will be avialble for follow up queries.