Semen analysis stated sperm count, pus cells, epithelial cells, activity motile. Fertility? Precautions?

Question
Hi Doctor,
I have done my semen Examination and here is the report:
Volume: 2 ML, Viscosity:THICK, Reaction: ALKALINE, SPERM COUNT: 110 million/ml, Active Motile: 10 % Sluggish: 10%, NON MOTILE: 80%, PUSS CELL: 3-4/hPF, MORPHOLOGY NORMAL: 80%, ABNORMAL: 20%.
Would you please share you finding after seeing this report.. and what precaution i need to take... eagerly we are looking for a kid..Thanks!!
XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 3 hours later
Hello

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

your semen analysis shows normal sperm count but motility is less, normal active motility should be more than 35% and should have forward motility.

Even though there are no signs of infection, if you have any signs of UTI or so, i advice you to take course of antibiotic before repeating the test.

Usually diagnosing using one single report is not good idea, so I advice you to get your semen analysis repeated after 3 days of abstinence, seeing that report further evaluation can be done.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer

Follow-up: Semen analysis stated sperm count, pus cells, epithelial cells, activity motile. Fertility? Precautions? 2 hours later
HI XXXXXXX
Thank you very much for your prompt response.
let me explain you little bit about this history of my semen examination. actually the report shared with you is my 3rd report. previously twice i have done the test and except Puss cell count evrything was same..previously the puss cell count was 10-12/HPF..after visiting the local doctor they recommended me antibiotics... after the course i did the test and the puss cell came down to 3-4/HPF.. and again i did the test after 3 months which i shared with you...so no improvement...

we are going through this since last 6 months, you can understand mine and my wife situation cuz she disparately looking for the kids..

Now you need to advice us what next step i need to take to
1. improve this Active Mortality..
2. Should we keep hope for the kids in future....
3. what i medicine we should take..

forget mention that from past few months my wife period is irregular sometimes in 25 days or 30 days sometimes in 32 days...

Really i appreciate your response to my query. Thanks!!
~XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Semen analysis stated sperm count, pus cells, epithelial cells, activity motile. Fertility? Precautions? 23 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Today we have done the test and just now i received the new report..previously report shared with you was 7 days old..then i gave 3 days of abstinence and repeat the test..Her is my new report..

Report Preview
Investigation      Reading     
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION                 
VOLUME      1     
VISCOSITY     THICK           
REACTION     ALKALINE     

SPERM COUNT     130     
ACTIVE MOTILE     15     
SLUGGISH     5           
NON MOTILE     80           
EPITHELIAL CELLS     NIL          
LEUCOCYTES     4-6     
ERYTHROCYTES     NIL     
MORPHOLOGY NORMAL     80     
ABNORMAL     20           
OTHERS     NIL     

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 53 minutes later
Hello
I do understand your problem.

You can definitely keep a hope as your sperm count is good.
I advice you to consult urologist to rule out varicocele or any other problems which may be responsible. color doppler ultrasound is done to rule out varicocele.

Other thing that might help but not proved are avoid smoking, alcohol. Exercise regularly. Avoid tight underpants to provide an ambient climate for the testicles, try these.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Semen analysis stated sperm count, pus cells, epithelial cells, activity motile. Fertility? Precautions? 8 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks a lot for your response..
Just last question..
Could you please just me any good urologist in New delhi..
that would very help full for me..
Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 15 minutes later
Hi

I am very sorry as i am not from delhi, i will not be much of help to you.

Usually all the urologist will be well aware of these and will be helpful. I advice you to speak with the doctor or the lab where you have done your tests about the urologist, they will be knowing about the good urologist near by.

Sorry this time but hope my previous information was helpful to you.