Semen analysis, sperm count, pus cells, epithelial cells, activity motile, sluggishly motile, dead sperms. Fertility?

This is about semen analysis.

The report is:
sperm count: 65 million
pus cells: 3-4
Epithelial cells: 2-3
Activity motile: 20%
Sluggishly motile: 20%
Dead sperms: 60%
Morphology Normal: 30%
Morphology abnormal: 70%

What each indicates and what is the problem in my sperm. what are chances of my wife will conceive with this report.
How to over come these problems.
other details are
volume : 5ml
color: grayish white
Viscosity: Thick
Ph: 7.5
Liquefaction time: more than 45min
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 11 hours later

You have an essentially normal report other than the fact that you have very high dead sperms as well as abnormal forms.

This is the report for normal semen fluid.

Colour - Gray Coagulate
Liquification time < 60 minutes
Volume 2 ml to 6ml pH 7.5 to 8.0
Sperm concentration 20-200 (million per ml)
Grade of sperm motility Grade a,b (forward progressive)
% motility > 50%
Motile sperm count > 10 million per ml
White blood cells < 1 million/ml
Agglutination nil Morphology > 30 % normal forms

You should get a urological examination and also doppler scrotum to rule out varicocele. If your above mentioned tests are normal then i shall suggest you some generalized measures to improve your semen quality.

Although your semen analysis is not perfect but still your partner can conceive even with this semen quality.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.
Follow-up: Semen analysis, sperm count, pus cells, epithelial cells, activity motile, sluggishly motile, dead sperms. Fertility? 5 hours later
what are the reasons for having very high dead sperms as well as abnormal forms. In which grade my sperm mobility will come. is this major illness? what about Prognosis of treatment?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

Usually no cause can be identified and only some generalized measures and some antioxidants need to be taken for the treatment.

It is not a major illness, your motility will come under a,b (forward progressive).

However, you should certainly get doppler study to rule out varicocele, one of the easily treatable causes.