Semen analysis showed normal count with increased liquafaction and infection. Any advice?

i got my semen analysis report done today result states
volume 2.0 ml
color --- opaque grey white
reaction-- alkaline
viscosity-- normal
liquafaction time >2 hrs
sperm count 42 mill/cumm
actively motile -- 55%
sluggishly motile --- 25%
non motile---- 20%
agglutination--- ++
morphology ---- abnormal - 03%
pus cells ------- 15-18/ hpf
IMPRESSION--- normal count with increased liquafaction and infection

please suggest me the out come off the above report.
thanks and regard XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 16 minutes later

Thanks posting your query.

I have gone through the report. The report is suggesting of infection in semen. This infection leads to increase in liquefaction time.

Rests of the things are normal.

There is definite variation from lab to lab in semen analysis.

Please consult your doctor and if he is convinced that you are having infection he will give you a course of antibiotics and you should be fine.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask again in case you have something more to ask.

Follow-up: Semen analysis showed normal count with increased liquafaction and infection. Any advice? 20 minutes later
hi Dr pragnesh
thanks for the reply just want to know that i and my wife are planning to have a family so this test was done by me for my personal satisfaction . just would really appreciate if you could tell me if the above said result of my reports will lead to a complication in her conceiving and also if any other medication is available apart from antibiotics and also my wife was had suffered from poly cystic ovary and she also had a complication which has been rectified by the doctors.
what precautions should i be taking before me and her having a kid as this would be our second one (she had an abortion 5 yrs back) and my blood group is b(-) and my wife blood group is B(+)
any suggestions on that as well
thanks and regard XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 10 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

There is nothing to worry, just discuss with your doctor about possible source of infection. After a course of drugs you should be fine and should not have any other problem.

No precautions are needed as relation with your blood group. Just inform and discuss with your doctor about the possible reasons for pregnancy loss last time, so that it can avoid in future.

You are young and age is on your side, do not worry.

Wishing you all the best.