Semen analysis showed less sperm count. Taking s-numlo 5 mg. Will it affect the sperm count?

Hi, i am 39 years old. I am taking s-numlo 5 tablets since 1 yr 6 months. When i had my semen analysis last week. it shows very less sperm count, 1.5 milliom/ml, will s-numlo affect my sperm count? because when i had this test around 2 yrs back sperm count was 40million/ml.
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
S-numlo contains active drug S-Amlodpine which is a calcium channel blocker antihypertensive drug.
This drug has a good safety profile and is not a cause for your decreased sperm count in the semen.
This drug can occasionally cause a headache for initial few days, swelling in the feet, increased heart rate but is not related to the sperm count.
Sometimes, some severe infection or illness can cause a low sperm count. Due to this reason, we never rely on the results of 1 sample to make a diagnosis of low sperm count. It can also be due to other reasons like varicocele, hormonal imbalances, infections and several other causes.
Please continue taking this drug as controlling your blood pressure is very important.
I hope that answers your query.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.