Semen analysis showed epidiymal cyst in testicle. Will this affect fertility?

sir, here I am attaching the report of my semen analysis( suggested by a local urologist when I examined by him and detected an epididymal cyst on my left testicle when I asked that whether this cyst will affect my fertility he said that no and tell me to do semen analysis test to get self satisfaction). Please suggest me whether I can father a child with the present report of semen analysis ??? Does the presence of pus cells in the report indicate any serious condition like cancer or hiv/253657?iL=true" >AIDS etc ??? Is there any other major issue with this report ??? and anther important thing to be asked sir when I was providing the sample in the lab , a continuous flow of semen from my penis touched the bottle which was used to collect the sample. Is there any chance of HIV infection due to this ??? Please help me sir I am much worried... Thank U…
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take broad spectrum antibiotics for 3 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and reports.

You do not need to worry about Epididymal cyst. It is a benign condition.

Further investigation or treatment is not necessary.
Most of the men have Epididymal cyst.
Some have one, others ave multiple.
Only few people have larger cyst.
It does not cause any ill health or cancer.

Regarding your like to state that your semen analysis is absolutely within normal range of WHO standards except that it shows pus cells.
The presence of pus cells is suggestive of infection either in seminal vesicle or Prostate.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like ciprofloxacin for 3 weeks and repeat the semen analysis after completion of course of antibiotics.

Usually bottle used for this purpose is single use and not reusable. So it does not cause any infection like HIV.

You will definitely become a father. I wish you all the best.

Get treated for infection and have healthy life.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
Follow-up: Semen analysis showed epidiymal cyst in testicle. Will this affect fertility? 28 minutes later
sir does the presence of pus cell indicate any type of cancer / hiv/253657?iL=true" >AIDS or any other serious conditions ??? and if the bottle is infected then is there any chance of HIV infection in this case ???
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not cancer/ hiv/253657?iL=true" >AIDS. Spread is very rare. Take PEP.

Detailed Answer:

Pus cells in semen is most commonly seen in following bacterial infections.
1. Chlamydia trachomatis
2. Gonorrhoea
3. Ureaplasma urelyticum
4. Mycoplasma genitalium
5. Candioda species, Anaerobes
6. Trichomonas vaginalis

Pus cells in semen does not mean that you have either HIV, Cancer or other serious infections.

Spreading of infection by this mean is very rare but possible.
Usually we give assurance about rare possibility of infection.
If you are sure or very suspicious about that bottle is infected, then it is better to take Post exposure prophylaxis for HIV exposure.
Consult a Anti retro viral therapy center physician for proper Post exposure prophylaxis.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
Follow-up: Semen analysis showed epidiymal cyst in testicle. Will this affect fertility? 12 minutes later
thank U sir. I am not very sure about the infection in the bottle. There was not any liquid in that bottle. Is there any chance that HIV can be transmitted through infection by any solid substance like bottle etc ???
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No. It is not possible by Dried solid bottle.

Detailed Answer:

No. It is not possible for transmission of HIV by dried solid bottle. Because HIV dies within minutes of leaving the body. 46-47 hours later, the HIV most definitely will have died and there would be no risk of transmission.

Even dried blood also does not transmit HIV.

Hope this helps.
Thanks and regards,
Dr.Manjeth XXXXXXX G