Ask a Urologist   »  

Semen analysis showed epididymal cyst on testicle. Will this affect testicle?

General Surgeon
sir, here I am attaching the report of my semen analysis( suggested by a local urologist when I examined by him and detected an epididymal cyst on my left testicle when I asked that whether this cyst will affect my fertility he said that no and tell me to do semen analysis test to get self satisfaction). Please suggest me whether I can father a child with the present report of semen analysis ??? Does the presence of pus cells in the report indicate any serious condition like cancer or AIDS etc ??? Is there any other major issue with this report ??? thank u.
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can father a child

Detailed Answer:
Thankyou for posting in XXXXXXX

I saw your report thoroughly.
Epididymal cyst is not related to fertility.
You have good motile sperms. So,you can father a child.
Pus cells are negligible. Their presence does not suggest AIDS or Cancer.
There is no issue in this report.
Nothing to worry.

Hope I answered your query.
Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Semen analysis showed epididymal cyst on testicle. Will this affect testicle? 10 minutes later
thank u sir. sir how many number of pus cells are normal in semen ??? Is it the indication of any other serious condition in any part of body ??? when the semen was collected in the lab I have to masturbate to provide the sample. I did n't wash my hands before masturbation. can this be a reason for the pus cells in semen ??? What should I do to decrease the number of pus cells in semen ??? Is the present number of pus cells are ok ??? and anther important thing to be asked sir when I was providing the sample in the lab , a continuous flow of semen from my penis touched the bottle which was used to collect the sample. Is there any chance of HIV infection due to this ??? Please help me sir I am much worried... Thank U.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 33 hours later
Brief Answer:
Presence of some WBC's are normal in semen.

Detailed Answer:
Presence of WBC more than 1 million/ml is suggestive of infection.
So,4-5 pus cells can be taken as normal.No specific measures to reduce them.
It is not related to washing hands.
No chance of HIV infection due to the procedure.
Do not worry.
Wish you good health