Semen analysis showed Sperm Count-30 Million/ML, Actively Motile - 50%, Sluggishly Motile - 25%. Meaning?

Question
Sperm Count-30 Million/ML, Actively Motile - 50%, Sluggishly Motile - 25%, Non Motile-25%, Normal - 70%, Abnormal - 30%, Epithelial Cells 1-2/HPF, Pus Cells - 2-3/HPF, RBC - NIL, Bacteria - NIL. Please give your advise for this thanks.
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later

The details mentioned in the above semen analysis report is normal. None of the above values are alarming / concerning.

An individual with this semen report should be able to parent a child if other partner is normal.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need any other information.

Follow-up: Semen analysis showed Sperm Count-30 Million/ML, Actively Motile - 50%, Sluggishly Motile - 25%. Meaning? 13 hours later
Thanks for clearing doubts. Can v try for conceive..hope there is no abnormality. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Prasad 10 hours later
Yes, XXXXXXX Presuming your partner is normal, I do not find any serious reasons why you can not parent a child.

I will be glad to clarify if you have any other doubts.
Please close this discussion and review if all your queries are answered.

All the best!!

I hv done my wife's follicle monitoring & d result is - 11 day RT overy 14mm.. endometrium - 8.8mm (tl)...but nothing v had find in left overy.. pls advise.. thx XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
From what I understand, endometrial thickness is 8.8mm and largest follicle on the right ovary is 14mm on 11th day of menstruation. But no follicles found on the left ovary.

It's surprising not to see any follicles on the left side on the 11th day of menstrual cycle. I think you should discuss with her gynecologist to learn about the reasons.

14 mm follicle size and 8.8mm endometrial thickness on the right seems good on the 11th day. A healthy ovum is released when follicles rupture between 16 and 20mm of size. Please continue monitoring follicles as directed by your doctor. The chances of successive conception can determined and treated accordingly.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.