Semen analysis report shows Motile active 60%, Sluggish. 20%, No motile 20%, Abnormal. <30% and Pus cell. 3-6. Meaning?

My semem analysis report is
Quantity. 2 ml
Reaction. Alkaline
Liquification 40 min
Sperm count 45ml

Motile active 60%
Sluggish. 20%
No motile 20%
Abnormal. <30%
Pus cell. 3-6
Is my report OK. 1 year back I got married and from last 5 months we have been try with unprotected sex but unable to conceive. Do I need medicine.
Please reply.
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 7 hours later

Thank you for posting query.

Over all your semen report is quite normal except there is pus cell present.
It is possible that while collecting semen there might be some contamination which may give rise to pus cells.
Other possibility is infection in your testicles called Orchitis. Unattended orchitis can interfere with the chances of pregnancy. I suggest you to consult your doctor; medications if required may need to be started to treat the infection.

Based on your semen report, I do not see any serious reasons for not parenting a child. However you need to be further evaluated and treated as described above.

I hope you have understood your wife's fertile days (ovulation days) well. Increased frequency of sexual intercourse during those days after your treatment is complete will improve the chances of pregnancy.

I hope, I answered your query.
If you have another query or clarification, please write back.
Ok and take care.
Dr, Ramesh Vachharajani.
Follow-up: Semen analysis report shows Motile active 60%, Sluggish. 20%, No motile 20%, Abnormal. <30% and Pus cell. 3-6. Meaning? 16 hours later
Thanks for reply,
Your advise give me much relax.
Sperm count range(60 ml- 120ml) is given in my supplement to increase sperm count which is good for me.
I can not release good quantity of semem while having sex twice in a day.
Is it normal or I have a problem.

Please reply me.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 5 hours later

Normal semen count range is 20 to 150 million sperms per ml. Your count 45 million per ml is normal. So no medicine is required for this.

Take high protein nourishing food to improve quality and quantity of sperms. Take some multivitamins and traces of elements.

After ejaculation tell your wife not to stand up or going toilet for half an hour.
Put pillow below the hips to prevent semen coming out and helping sperms going up in uterine cavity from vaginal canal.

Doing sex twice in a day affects volume of semen as it takes some time of formation of sperms and seminal fluid so having less quantity of semen after second time is normal.
Do intercourse on alternate day during fertile period.

I hope you queries are answered.