Semen analysis report says Sluggishly motile. 15%, Non motile spermatozoa. 55% and Spermcount. 28.0million/cumm. What does this indicate?

My semen analysis report say
Reaction. Alkaline
Colour white
Quantity. 5.00cc
Viscosity. Thin
Active motile spermatozoa. 30%
Sluggishly motile. 15%
Non motile spermatozoa. 55%
Spermcount. 28.0million/cumm.
Plus cells. 5-6 / HPF
Epithelial cells. 1-2 /HPF

Please let me know where the problem is as I am unaware of these medico terms.

What could be done for treatment.we are having trouble in conceiving..
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 39 minutes later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

From the numbers which you have given, I can say that active motile spermatozoa which means actively moving sperm, is only 30 % in your case, whereas the normal levels should be more than 40 %. And there is presence of few pus cells which you might be having some urinary tract infection. Remaining all readings are within the normal limits.

Please let me know if you have any further queries!

Thanks for the update. I am sorry that you are having trouble in conceiving. I believe that the problem on your side is very minor and may not be the sole reason for the inability to conceive. Even your wife should be evaluated for few common conditions which might lead to the inability to conceive.

So certain conditions like hypothyroidism, PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome, hyperprolactinaemia, weight-related ovulation disorders, other endocrine disorders, PID (Pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, uterine and cervical abnormalities should be ruled out in her by undergoing investigations like thyroid function tests. Serum prolactin, FSH, LH, androgen levels, Endometrial biopsy, transvaginal ultrasound, Hysteroscopy, laparoscopy etc depending on physical examination findings. I suggest you to consult a gynecologist for this.

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!
Follow-up: Semen analysis report says Sluggishly motile. 15%, Non motile spermatozoa. 55% and Spermcount. 28.0million/cumm. What does this indicate? 1 hour later
Thanks doc...
So you think it's not a serious issue...
As you said my wife has also undergone few test,waiting results and hoping for the best...
What is the percentage of successful conceiving if wife report says all ok
Answered by Dr. Guru 22 minutes later

Generally, about 15 % of all the couples will not be able to conceive in the first year.
About 50% of these couples conceive without any medical assistance in the next two years. Few require medical assistance for the treatable causes.
Treatment and severity of problem depends on the cause of it. Kindly consult an infertility specialist if it is more than 3 years since marriage and to properly diagnose the problem.

Hope it helps!