Semen analysis report, prescribed tab Curam. Should i be worried?

Hi, Just received the following results from my semen test and have no clue what it means:

Gram stain      Gram Positive Cocci
Culture      Group “ D “ streptococcus species grown ( Scanty )

Amoxyclav      +++     Cefuroxime      R
Amoxycillin      +++          
Penicillin      ++          
Ciprofloxacin      +          
Cephalothin      +          
Clarithromycin      R           
Erythromycin      R           

R – Resistant

Should I be worried?
Where does it comes from?
Can i pass it to my wife?

Got the following prescription:
Tab. Curam ( Amoxyclav) 1 gram, twice a day, after meal x 7 days

Thank you XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 38 minutes later

There is some amount of infection in your semen as shown in the reports.
For the same your doctor has prescribed you the indicated antibiotic as per your report of culture and sensitivity.
The strain you have is streprococcus group D which is also called as Enterococcus fecalis.
It is not known to be very virulent strain so presently I think you need not worry much.
The bacteria is found even on the human body on skin and some times it is comes if a person has chronic infection in urine.
Yes when you have sex you can transfer the bacteria to your wife;but whether she will suffer any infection ;well it will depend on her immunity.
Presently as a precaution I would suggest you to abstain from having sex till you finish the course of antibiotics.
After that you need not worry.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.