Semen analysis, no viable spermatozoa, liquefaction time 30 mins, volume 2 MI.

Dr. My age is 32 years, marriage in May, 2009, i got my semen analysis done last week. In March to May, 2010 i was suffering from Jaundice. Semen Report is as under: Colour: Whitis; Volume-2.0 Ml.;Reaction-Alkaline; Liquefaction Time- 30 Mins. Microscopic Result: No viable spermagatoa seen. What to do now? suggest.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

Semen analysis determines the amount of semen a man produces and the number and quality of sperms which determine the chances of fertility.
As per your report there are no living sperms in the semen which are required for fertilization.The viability can also be affected by certain conditions as varicocele,orchitis,radiation treatment for testicles etc.
I will suggest to get a repeat test done once more.While giving the sample just ensure that the sample is morning sample,you have not taken any medications a day before and have not masturbated or had intercourse.
Have a healthy nutritious diet.
Wear loose cotton undies and avoid tight fitting clothes.
Avoid hot tubs,sauna and working with lap top on lap.
Take L carnitine supplement daily for few months.
Take the prescribed medications as advised and consider visiting a Fertility Specialist after the repeat test.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.
Follow-up: Semen analysis, no viable spermatozoa, liquefaction time 30 mins, volume 2 MI. 12 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for your response and advice. I simply wants to know following:

1. is sperm available or not?

2. If sperm is available, it is living or dead or lazy.

3. If there is no sperm at all, can i father a child?
Doctor, i simply want to know whether sperm is present or not in my semen.

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 5 hours later

Thanks for follow up,

According to the report there are sperms but they are not living so chances of them leading to fertilization are very less.Thats why I advised you to go for a repeat test.These days some recent tests have come up as Antisperm antobody test/CASA/Acrosome reaction which are more accurate and can give a more better prediction of your sperms viability.You can further proceed with them.

Wishing you Good Health
Follow-up: Semen analysis, no viable spermatozoa, liquefaction time 30 mins, volume 2 MI. 13 hours later
Doctor, I was suffering from Jaundice and Hepatitis E during March to May, 2010.
Did this effect my sperm generation capacity?

Further, when i gone for semen test i was suffering from normal flu and semen was given with half will and without passion. Does it also affect the report as i got?

Your answer to my questions is of great help to me.

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 4 hours later

Past illness like Jaundice and Hepatitis E cannot make any drastic changes in the semen count after almost a year. Flu also cannot make any major change on the spermatogenesis

Get a repeat test done again with your full desire and suggestions as I explained previously.

Take Care!