Semen analysis is done. What does the finding says?

Psychiatrist
Question
my semen analysis report is as under:

1. appearance: white
2. Odour: Seminal
3. Volume: 3.5 ml
4. Sperm Count: 58 millin/ml
5. Motility:

A. Active progressinve motility: 45 %
B. Active NON progressinve motility: 15%
C. Sluggish progressinve motility: 15%
D. Sluggish non progressinve motility: 10%

6. Abnormal Forms: <5%
7. Other Findings: 5 to 6 Puc cells/hpf

please analysis the same for me.
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later

Normal semen report:

-The normal volume of semen is more than 1 ml.

-Sperm count is the total number of sperms in a sample and should not be less than 10 million.
-Motility is the movement of the sperms and in sample at least 50% of the sperms should be motile from which at least 20% of the sperms should progress rapidly.

-Pus cells can vary and 5 or 6 are normal in a sample.

Now analysing your report:- Your report is almost normal and reproductive capability is present. So, No need to worry.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Semen analysis is done. What does the finding says? 16 minutes later
Thanks for your reply. Sir i want to know more from you:

1. What is the normal range of pus cells/hpf ?

2. I am trying for child from last 1 year without using any protection. Then what will be the reasons.

3. Please advice something likes tips to get baby early.

(I am 27 years old and married on 30.11.10. My wife is 26 years old and undergoing for treatment for irregular periods and as a progress of treatment her folecules are good and normal as per doctor & period also regular from last 2-3 months)

Thanks for follow up.

Ans: 3-6/hpf

Ans: Conceiving depend on many factors which includes fertility status of your wife, intercourse during ovulation, compatibility of vaginal mucosa for sperm motility, etc. Even if all the factors are normal and favorable it takes around 6-12 months to conceive.

Ans: Your wife periods are normal for 2-3 months only. It may take upto 6-12 months for pregnancy after normalization of her periods. Do sex daily for middle 1 week of her cycle.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.
Regards.

Follow-up: Semen analysis is done. What does the finding says? 6 hours later
My wife from Last 2 months she took "Clomifene and Evalon" and this month she is taking "Ovashield-DS" in this month from 4th day of periods and her folecules are 14 mm, and endometrium is 6 mm in 9th day from period. Her anxiety is it is good to take harmones in the form medicine. She wants to know it is advisable to drop the course and see whether period and folecules are developing proper or not. She thinks may be it is harmful for her body to take medicine for harmones.

Please advice us and away her anxiety.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 38 minutes later
Thanks for follow up.

As she is taking treatment under physician and treatment showing response by normalizing cycle and follicle development, then in my she should continue treatment without worry and with patience.

Wish you good health.
Regards.