Semen analysis done.Taking hucog 5000 injection. How long should I continue this medicine?

Infertility Specialist
Question
one year back my semen analysis is count 20 million 50% motile 10% progressive morphology 6% after doctors suggestion i am taking hucog 5000 injection every ten days..two months back my semen analysis is 45 million 90% progressive ...how long i can take this medicine?,is there any side effects?..we are going for IUI treatment ,so i am collecting sample at home and taking to doctor(time interval is 15min) is it ok? i am stressed for last 6 years and depressed for one year,i think it is one of the reason for infertility...from last three months i am ok..how much time it take to get normalcy
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 1 hour later
hello
thank you for writing in to HCM

As you are on medication and the sperm parameters have improved you should start treatment at the earliest, after your wife has been investigated and found to be normal.

long term us of any drug is not recommended.

please start you treatment at the earliest for better results as you are still young couple

wish you all the best
dr XXXXXXX thakkar

Follow-up: Semen analysis done.Taking hucog 5000 injection. How long should I continue this medicine? 47 hours later
As i asked earlier i am collecting sample at home and taking it to doctor(time interval is15min)is it ok?after IUI treatment is it advisiblefor my wife to take rest for one day or we can travel long distance by bus?travelling is advisible or not?

Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 6 hours later
Hello again

The sample can reach the clinic within 30 mins at the latest

IUI - is injection of the sperm into the uterine cavity and its a motile cell
By resting in bed its not going to alter the outcome of the treatment.
Your wife can continue to do her routine work and travel

hope to have answered your query
Dr Nandita Thakkar