Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Semen analysis done. What does the value signify? Suggest any alternate medicine

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3393 Questions
vitality% : Alive-64%
grade A : -%
Grade B: 24.0%(slow progressive)
Grade C: 35.0%(non progressive)
grade d: 41%(Immotile)
head defects:27.0%
Tail defects:35.0%
mid piece defects:24%
cytoplasmic droplets:2.0%

sperm concentration:54.40 million/ml
total sperm count:130.56 million
give up quick remedies in english medicine or ayurveda.....

volume of semen:2.4 ml
color-greyish white
head to head- nil
tail to tail - nil
mixed - (++)
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 21 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Yes, the above semen report do confirm Asthenospermia with 25% slow progressive motility.Though there is possibilities of conception but the chances are less,about 75% lesser than normal.

The sperm count is not too low to cause a problem,its the motility which could be the cause of infertility if presented.

There are no medications which can improve sperm count but the count is enough to cause pregnancy .The motility can be improved with nutritional supplements specially containing ZINC and SELENIUM. A well prepared protein powder which contains both the above minerals in adequate quantity is "ENSURE" and is available in most of the pharmacies in India.

Do take Ensure mixed with milk after food twice daily.Though slow but it does show good results.

Also do take Capsule CO-A once daily for three months.The cap Co A contains all the nutrients needed for good sexual and sperm health.You may need to get a prescription to acquire the medications.Do consult your treating doctor for the same.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor