Semen analysis done. What does the value signify? Is there infertility problem?

Infertility Specialist
Question
On 17/2/2012 I have done semen analysis and report shows that puss cells in semen 10-12/HPF, 29 million/ml sperm count. 20-30% active semen RBC not seen. Liquified within 30 minutes of incubation. Abnormal Forms Seen 10%, Small headed seen 2%, Double headed 2%, Absence of Middle Piece 1%, Large headed 2%, Middle Piece swollen 2%, Rudimentary Tails 1%. Gradation of Motility shown as : Grade III 10%, Grade II 10% , Grade I 0% and Grade 0 70%. .

On 3/8/2012 I have done one semen analysis the result shown as :-
Occasional motile sperms but many dead sperms seen. Volume of sample 2 ML . liquefaction time Not liquified upto 4 hours incubation. On 3/8/2012 I have done my semen analysis and report found that there is puss cells in semen 10-12/HPF, 12 million/ml sperm count. Occasional motile sperms but many dead sperms seen. Volume of sample 2 ML . liquefaction time Not liquified upto 4 hours incubation.
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

Both reports are at 2 extremes. One shows good sperm and another shows hardly any sperms.

other parameters are also grossly different. one of the reports is wrong. We have to decide which report is wrong.

Therefore I Suggest you to visit a good infertility centre and get semen analysis done. Since you are in mangalore, I suggest Santhati IVF centre is a good p[lace to repeat the test.

Therefore I request you to repeat the semen sample for accurate count and motility.

We will discuss about the report with new report as one of above reports is wrong.

I hope I answered your query.

I will be available for any follow up query you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility specialist

Follow-up: Semen analysis done. What does the value signify? Is there infertility problem? 19 hours later
thank you.. i will check with test at good lab

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 33 minutes later
Hi, i am happy that you are satisfied with reply. Please accept the answer & close this discussion. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol