Semen analysis done. Specially on liquification time. Can I conceive a child?

May 2013
my semen analysis states:

total Volume: 1.5 ML
colour : Pearly white
total volume: 1.5 ML
Reaction: Alkaline
Nature: Normal
Liquification Time: > 1 hrs

sperm count : 98 millions/ml
pus cells: 3-4/hpf
rbc: 0-1/HPF

Normal Forms: 70%
Abnormal Forms: 30 %

active 50%
sluggish : 20 %ication t
non Motile: 30%

Can you comment on it..? specially on liquification Time , will i have impact on having child..?
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

In your semen analysis the abnormal findings are:
Total volume is some what less, usually it should be between 2 to 6ml.
But as frequent ejaculations can give low volume we can ignore it.

Pus cells: sometimes spermatids can be mistaken for pus cells.

Prolonged liquefaction time: Semen will be in gooey, thick consistency during ejaculation. After that it will get liquefy in 30 minutes to one hour, which is taken as liquefaction time.
Prolonged liquefaction time means high sperm viscosity can cause low sperm mobility leading to difficulty in reaching the ovum. This can affect the fertility.
To treat this the cause should be treated.
Prolonged liquefaction time or high sperm viscosity can be caused by simple things like dehydration and also by infection of prostate etc.
So you better once consult urologist and take his opinion regarding this and get treated accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.