Semen analysis. No liquification with puss cells. Sprotum Utlra sound found Vericocele. Hamper in conception?

I am Kunnal, I went for semen analysis and there was no liquification but on taking 15 days ayurvedic medicine, liquification time came to 30 mints but there were puss cells in semen. I took Ayurvedic medicine for UTI and also a 5 day course of cefexime but I still have 35-40 Puss cells.

Got done my Sprotum Utlra sound done and found left Side Grade 1 Vericocele
The Sperm count is 70 mil and Motility is around 50%

Not sure why these puss cells are and will be it hamper in conception?
Posted Tue, 26 Jun 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 35 minutes later

Thanks for posting query,

It seems that your sperm count. motility and liquefaction time is more or less is normal. Though chronic infection and varicocele can impair your chances of conception, as the counts, motility and liquefaction time are normal, you should be fine. There should not be any worries with regards to parenting a child.

Infections are known to cause problems and hence needs to be treated completely. As the current treatment has failed to provide you relief / improvement, you might have a resistant strain of bacteria. I shall encourage you to go for repeat test. Perhaps culture and sensitivity test on the semen sample can help us find the sensitive antibiotic. A long course of sensitive antibiotic should take care of this infection. Discuss about these options with your treating physician.

Regarding varicocele, grade 1 varicocele is not worrisome. So it does not require any treatment. However if you develop pain and swelling then consult your urologist and discuss about it.

Hope this information is sufficient to reassure you. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Follow-up: Semen analysis. No liquification with puss cells. Sprotum Utlra sound found Vericocele. Hamper in conception? 12 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for quick response. I am sorry, i forgot to mention that i got done Urine as well as semen culture ans sensitivity test done and reports are normal (No Organsm found)

I am on a 5 day course of Norflox 400 mg with XXXXXXX citron syrup now.

Shall we try now, just worried that infection doesn't pass to my partner? And just wanted to make sure that there are high chances of conception with these parameters.

Thanks and Regards
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 8 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
As you have done two courses of different antibiotics, culture might not show growth of bacteria.
As of now there is nothing to worry. After consulting your doctor you may continue the antibiotic for longer time which will clear the infection completely. It is extremely unlikely that you will pass on the infection to your partner. There is a good chance of conception as well. I would suggest you take plenty of water and Alkalizing syrup.
If you do not have further query and clarification,you can close the discussion.
Wish you good health.