Seems like the clitoris enlarged and protruding outside lower vagina. Cause?

Question
I have what seems like the clitoris enlarged and protruding to the outside of the lower vagina or vulva. Is this a part of aging or something I need to have checked out and what is the right language to describe this?
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cliteromegaly is rare in this age group

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

Its unlikely the clitorus will be enlarged or protruding at age 75. What you are seeing externally could be Urethral prolapse or bladder prolapse.

Rarely if there is any hormone producing ovarian tumor (Mainly testosterone) then there is chances of clitoromegaly, but usually it is associated with other features like Hirsutism (increased male pattern hair growth), temporal baldness, change in voice. I presume you are not having these symptoms, then this condition will be highly unlikely.

I advise you to get examined by an OBGY specialist to rule out above conditions.

Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit.

Good luck!!

Follow-up: Seems like the clitoris enlarged and protruding outside lower vagina. Cause? 3 hours later
What are the symptoms of urethral prolapse or bladder prolapse? How serious are these conditions? What are the treatments?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Bulge symptoms

Detailed Answer:

I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons.
Coming back to your question, most common symptom of bladder or urethral prolapse is BULGE SYMPTOMS, you can feel something coming out through the vagina, sometimes it gets prominent on straining or coughing. Sometimes it is associated with spinal anaesthesia, and it is a simple surgery.

Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: Seems like the clitoris enlarged and protruding outside lower vagina. Cause? 4 hours later
Just one more question--could this cause lower back pain.

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Back pain if major degree of prolapse

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the follow up question.

NO, mild degree of prolapse wont cause back pain, but major degree of prolapse can be associated with back pain. The reason for back pain is stretching of utero-sacral ligmanets, leading to stretching of nerves and pain.

If you do not have any further clarification you can close the discussion. Kindly rate & review my answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW