Sebaceous cyst removed from vagina. Getting pain and burning sensation. Took tylenol. Any relief?

I had a sebaceous cyst removed yesterday from my vagina. It was done in the doctors office and I was told nothing when I left. I have been in pain since five minutes into my car ride home yesterday. I called the doctor back yesterday and she said that it shouldn't be painful and to take Tylenol and use ice compressions. I have done everything and I am still in pain and the burning is becoming ridiculous. Anything that you recommend that I haven't already tried will be most welcoming. I did have a dissolvable stitch put in also.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 2 hours later

I can understand the pain there is unbearable, you can try warm sitz bath, that is, take XXXXXXX warm water in a bath tub, add betadine in it and sit in the tub for 10-15 mins twice in a day, that would help relieve your pain and also prevent infection because of the antibiotic property of betadine.

If the pain is not relieved by that then you can take a few pain killers like brufen or paracetamol, if severe pain is there.

For local application over the stitches you can use betadine ointment, that would help faster healing of the wound.

Don't worry, every thing would be fine.

Dr. Rishma Lakhani