Scrotum swelling, fatty tissue, build up on penis, dull pain

Hi i am 51 years old i noticed i have swelling in my scrotum that feels like fatty tissue and now it appears I have the same build up on the underside of my penis which has just started. I do have some pain in the scrotum not the testicles that hurt just a dull pain i believe from the sewlling
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 23 minutes later

Thanks for the Query.

I Would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Since how long are you having this Problem?
2.) Do you have Fever?
3.) Do you get pain while having sex?
4.) Do you have Burning Sensation while passing Urine?
5.) Did you sustain any injury there?

Your History suggests you have a Scrotal Swelling for which the causes could be:
1.) Epididymitis
2.) Varicocele
3.) Hernia
4.) Injury
5.) Orchitis
6.) Testicular Torsion

You should be seeing a Urologist and get yourself examined. He/she shall examine you and Run a blood work up along with scrotal Ultrasound to rule out a Infection or any underlying pathology.

Once confirmed, the treatment will depend upon the cause.

In the meantime you can try some remedies:

1.) Get adequate rest
2.) Apply ice packs or heat pads several times a day followed by a sitz bath as this is known to reduce the swelling and pain
3.) Wear loose fitting cotton inner wear
4.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your Follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.
Follow-up: Scrotum swelling, fatty tissue, build up on penis, dull pain 37 minutes later
had this issue for 2 weeks or so - slight fever - no pain during sex, but some burning when urinating did go rafting 1st week of XXXXXXX fell out of raft and got banged up dont remember getting hit in the groin but i was real beat up on the lower part of my body, the wayer was 48 degress which numbed the bumps and bruises the swelling I noticed about a week after the trip
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 2 hours later
Hello Greyer,

Thanks again for writing back.

Your Follow up History suggests you have a Urinary Tract Infection. The swelling may also be related to the injury. I encourage you to consult with an urologist. The urologist will perform physical examination and order few necessary tests (blood test, urine test and ultrasound scan) to confirm the Pathology.

In the mean while, follow the Home remedies which I have already explained to you.

Adequate and early treatment is recommended.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.