Scrotum became very dry and flakes off. Had unprotected sex. Could this be a symptom of STD?

I've the past 7-10 days my scrotum has become very dry and then flakes off. Its so dry that the skin cracks and slightly bleeds. Its only semi itchy. I regularly shave my sctortum and trim around the penis. I have been doing this for years. However, I recently started using gold bond that comes in a spay can after i shower. I used it for about a month and a half then stopped using it when the dryness started occurring. Another thing to note is that I had unprotected sex a few weeks ago. Could this be a symptom of an STD or STI?

Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It's not STD. It is skin irritation.

Detailed Answer:
Good Day!

I strongly believe that you don't have any form of STDs. From what you have discussed from your query I believe you have skin irritation from shaving and the new cream that you used irritated your skin.

I would suggest stopping any cream at the moment and wash with water and mild soap twice a day. Regular soap may aggravate the irritation and prolong the healing of your skin lesion. A mild moisturizer will also help with the flaking and dryness of the scrotal skin. Also please do not scratch the itch because it will bleed further.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes.