Scraped ankle, painful to touch, swollen. Have von Willebrand disease. Any input?

I scraped my ankle on a door about a month and a half ago. the crape is gone, the bruising is gone but there is still a painful to the touch swollen spot where the scrape used to be. Two things I should mention is that 1. there is large visible vein right were the bump is and that has been there long before the injury. 2. I was recently diagnosed with Von Willebrand disease ( I don't know if this associated with that). Any input you are able to offer I would appreciate it.
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 3 hours later

Thanks for your query

The tender spot could probably be a hairline fracture or a torn ligament. A digital Xray or a MRI ( the investigation would depend on the examination) would be needed to rule this out.
The large visible vein could be just an enlarged vein or can be due to an increased venous pressure. If you can send me a picture, I’ll be able to comment further.
The symptoms. VWD type 1 is the most common type and mostly asymptomatic caused by quantitative deficiency of VW factor that may cause mild bleeding from that sight but never pain.
So I would suggest that you get the Xray done.
Hope I have answered you. If you further queries, do let me know.
Wish you a quick recovery,

Best Regards,
Dr Arnab Maji