Sclera is bleeding and has burning sensation. Slept wearing contact lens but vision is normal. Advise?

My sclera is bleeding and has a burning sensation....i did fall the other night and bump my head but i feel that sleeping in my contacts 3 straight nights before this falll also helped the cause because you could see how red my sclera has been next to my iris..what do you suggest for treatment that may be over the counter? When you look at my left eye it looks like some of the blood vessels burst. It hasn't affected my vision but i am concerned that maybe there is a way to drain the blood or do i have to wait until it goes away.
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

You might be having a subconjunctival hemorrhage.

There is no specific treatment, it has to fade on its own.

I suggest you to visit your ophthalmologist once, to confirm the diagnosis.

Meanwhile you can use simple drops, artificial tears like Systane after discussing with your specialist if possible. This will remove the impurities from the eye preventing any infections through the injured conjunctiva.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.