Sciatica, done MRI scan, post delivery exercises

i was having sciatica for the past 6 months which has been confirmed by MRI scan after my Maternity..Before, i was not able to sit and get up easily..but now i can able to...Eventhough i an having doubt that due ?ny of my routine activities will i again get the pain?..i am doing exercises advised by physio....Please advice me i this regards.Thank you...
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 18 hours later

From small description provided, I believe you have disc prolapse at lumbar level.

I would like to know your age, neurological findings, haemoglobin, ESR(erythrocyte sedimentation rate), blood sugar and MRI report etc.

At this stage you may have to continue with exercises and take caution during routine activities like(lifting heavy objects, sitting postures etc..) under guidance of a qualified physiotherapist.

Pain killers will be on SOS basis. With caution you can perform most of routine activities without aggravating your pain.

Good wishes.

Pratap Sanchetee
Follow-up: Sciatica, done MRI scan, post delivery exercises 1 hour later

Thank you very much for the answer.
My age is 26 and I will sure provide the details which you have asked further and follow the steps provided to lead a better life.
I have another doubt that climbing the stairs is good or bad and also plse advice me some excersises to strenthen the muscles.

Thanks and regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 4 days later

Thanks for writing again.

There should not be any restriction for climbing stairs. Only precaution is to maintain a correct posture while climbing (Not to bend forward much).

Regarding exercise, you should attend a good physiotherapy center in your city.

I hope, this answers your query.

Wish you good health.