Scheduled to have rhinoplasty. Drank alcohol and used cocaine. Will I be okay or should I push back the date of surgery?
User rating for this question
Please help! I'm scheduled to have rhinoplasty in 6 days. Last night i was drinking a lot of alcohol and I used cocaine :-( Will i be ok? Should I push back the date of my surgery?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 hours later
Thanks for the query
Since your surgery is posted six days from now, there is no harm in consuming alcohol at this stage. But, it is better to refrain from using any sort of recreational drugs as this can have adverse effects of your body when anesthetic gases are administered. To be more precise, it is not advisable to do 'snorting' as this can damage the nasal mucosa and delay in healing of the surgical wounds.
Also, it is better to inform the doctor (anesthetist) before in hand about the above activities. This is because, in those individuals who are chronic consumers of alcohol there is increased tolerance to anesthetic drugs and the amount of anesthetic gases administered to them has to be increased.
Secondly, the post operative pain tolerance will be less compared to that of the normal individuals; hence appropriate analgesic with tailored doses has to be administered.
Henceforth, till your surgery is completed please do not resort to any of these recreational drugs and alcohol.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
People also viewed
- Celexa and nasal spray
- Gassy stomach and thyroid
- Symptoms gastric pain vomit watery shit
- Used cocaine 4 months after rhinoplasty
- Celiac and inner ears vertigo
- Rhinoplasty bump came back
- Gassy stomach and not pooping
- Triptomer and gastric problem
- Ear pain due to cell phone use
- Cocaine after rhinoplasty
- One day without a cell phone
- Using cocaine after rhinoplasty operation
- Garlic and 1 year olds
- Should you use sunbed after rhinoplasty
- Low white cell count with strep throat