Scheduled for kambo treatment. What are its side effects?

HAVE U HEARd OF A ?"kambo" treatment. it is quite an altrnative procedure ivolving a treefrog serum from the XXXXXXX . I just had a new pacemaker and I am scheduled for treat,rmts om oct 8 thank you' XXXXXXX witham
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kambo may cause sodium and potassium imbalance.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic.
The Kambo is not much studied drug, it has been used by Amazonian tribes for wellbeing.
Its known to induce diarrhea and can lead to imbalance of electrolytes in blood and can cause heart rhythm disorder and affect cardiac functioning.
You should take Kambo under supervision of a physician and get a frequent check of electrolytes.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
Follow-up: Scheduled for kambo treatment. What are its side effects? 13 hours later

do u think it is ok to have kimbo treatments with my new (aug 8) pacemeker
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kimbo does not affect common pacemaker.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back to XXXXXXX
You should be watchful of the side effects of the drug like loose motions and vomiting which may cause electrolytes imbalance particularly hypokalemia.
If so then get ECG done if abnormality detected than the baseline then it must stop.
It does not directly affect the pacemaker but if pacemaker is having defirillator function then hypokalemia induced anomaly beats may lead to abnormal discharges and shocks. Plain pacemaker does not get affected by Kimbo