Scheduled for hysterectomy. Had an ovary removed due to cysts. Will I have periods after the surgery?

I am scheduled for a hysterectomy Dec 10th, I am a little nervous, I had an ovary removed in 2008 due to cysts and it was the evasive surgery cut across bottom of stomach! slow recovery, I am having my hysterectomy using the divinci procedure and my doc wants to leave in my left ovary for hormones i am only 35. my question is will I still have my peroid, and should I leave in my ovary I dont want to go through this again, and how evasive is this new technique
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: No more periods, minimally invasive procedure Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Da vinci surgery is a newer technique in surgery, here smaller cuts and incisions are made compared to traditional procedures because the surgeons have special instruments which give them more flexibility. It is a wonderful technique and it is the best way to undergo hystrectomy Hystrectomy means removal of the uterus and uterus is required for a woman to have her periods. Since they are removing your uterus you will not be having periods anymore. Please discuss this with your doctor before you undergo this procedure I feel leaving the ovary is a good option too. You will have lesser hormonal imbalances if your ovaries are still present I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me. Regards