Scheduled for an IUI. Diagnosed with kidney stones and prescribed with hydrocodone bitartrate. Will the medicine affect the sperm?
User rating for this question
Hi , I m scheduled for an iui this morning at 9 am. The appt was scheduled on Wednesday when the sonogram indicated there were two mature follicles. At the same time as my appointment my husband was diagnosed with a kidney stone. He was given a pain killer on Wednesday and discharged with hydrocodone bitartrate w/apap 5mg/325mg. He only used it on Thursday for fear it may harm his sperm for the procedure. The ER doctor said that the meds should not affect his sperm. Is this true? He would really like to take the stronger pain med. or should we give up the iui Appt this morning .
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Today's intake of pain killer won't affect sperm. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX He can take pain killer & go ahead for IUI. Don't worry about effect on sperm quality, as sperm which are going to be used in IUI were produced around 3 months back in testes & today's intake of pain killer won't affect its quality. So you can safely go ahead with IUI. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have other concerns. Regards.
Follow-up: Scheduled for an IUI. Diagnosed with kidney stones and prescribed with hydrocodone bitartrate. Will the medicine affect the sperm? 29 minutes later
What about Wednesday's intake of pain killer in the hospital? I dont know whar they gave him.,..
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Should have no effect on sperm quality. Detailed Answer: Welcome back. Whatever he might have received is very unlikely to have effect on sperm. So you can rest assured & go ahead with IUI. Regards.
People also viewed
- Use of ecosprin in infertility
- Numbness suddenly in mouth
- Normal heart rate 68 years old man
- Ecospirin helps fet infertility
- Nursing diagnosis of deficiency growth hormone
- Ecozyme for sperm motility
- Numb feeling arond a mole on my shoulder
- Costliest medicines kidney stones
- Ecosprin for in follicular study
- Kidney stone medicine in cipla
- Nosebleed weeks after concussion
- Impcops medicine for kidney stones
- Niri medicine for kidney stones
- Sanjeevani medicines for kidney stones
- Role of ecosprin for infertility treatment